2019年12月7日 星期六

Taking a Taxi vs. a Rideshare計程車 vs. 共乘


【摘要2019.12.5.蘋果】
DDan  IIrene
Dan and Irene are going to a concert and are discussing the best way to get there.
D
Can we get there on time?
I
We’ll probably make it just in time. The doors open in five minutes, but the show doesn’t start until 8:00 p.m.
D
Well, let’s get there fast so we can try to get a good spot near the stage. Let me see if I can wave down a cab.
I
I don’t know... I don’t see any coming on this side of the street.
D
I’m counting on one coming this way.
阿丹和艾琳要去演唱會,他們在討論到那的最佳方式。
阿 丹: 我們能準時到那嗎?
艾 琳: 可能可以剛好及時趕上。再五分鐘入口就開了,但演唱會晚上八點才開始。
阿 丹: 那我們快點到那好搶到靠近舞臺的好位子。讓我看看能否招到計程車。
艾 琳: 我不確定耶⋯⋯沒看到有任何計程車往這條街這邊來。
阿 丹: 我只好希望有車過來這邊囉。
生活必備字詞
●make it (to + 地方)  ( 設法)及時趕到(某地)
If we run, we should be able to make it to the concert on time.
●wave down... / wave...down
  揮手示意讓(車或司機)停下來
Aaron tried to wave a car down to help fix his tire on the side of the road.

沒有留言:

張貼留言